- Failure to follow all instructions may affect the accuracy of the test results and could void our warranties. Please read our Terms and Conditions, Refund Policy, and Delays and Retest Policy available by clicking here.
- Do not allow blood to drip underneath nails, as contamination can occur.
- Do not store the sample at or above 50°C (122°F) while drying sample.
- This product is not intended for use by individuals with hemophilia, previous bone marrow transplants, or those taking medications to treat blood disorders.
- Do not use this product if you have had a miscarriage (or other pregnancy termination) within the past 3 months or have had a blood transfusion within the past 18 months.
- This kit is made to test only one individual. Do not share lancets. All kit contents, including lancets, should be discarded as regular trash.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Ensure no males are nearby while collection is in progress—collect in male-free environment (preferably in a room with a closed door).
- Keep paper towels nearby and wash hands and underneath nails before proceeding—use paper towels to dry hands and avoid touching anything handled by males (towels, doorknobs, etc.)
- Clean collection surface well.
- Verify that the date you collect you sample is the date is on or after your eligibility date.
1. Prepare Materials – No Males Should Be In The Room Or Within 15 Feet Until Sample Is Dried And Sealed!
Place all kit contents (lancets, bandage, alcohol swab, blood sample pouch, and Blood collection card) on top of a clean, unused paper towel, but keep the desiccant packet inside the pouch. The 3 circles on the Blood Collection Card should be facing up.
2. Remove cap from lancet – Click Here For Instruction Video
Use First: 3 Light-Prick Purple Lancets
Backup: 1 Medium-Prick Yellow Lancet
Remove cap from Lancet by twisting the plastic cap until it frees itself. Do not pull on the cap. Once the cap is removed, do not touch the exposed surface of the lancet until you are ready to use it.
Pushing the side-trigger of the lancet will automatically disengage the spring-loaded needle. Additional Lancets can be purchased from your local drug store.
3. Prepare Finger from which to Draw Blood:
To increase blood flow to fingers, try one or more of the following techniques:
- Wash with warm water for 3 minutes
- Rub hands together for 10 seconds
- Open and close your fists tightly +10 times
- Stand up with your hands hanging at your sides
- Use kit in warmer environment
Use your middle or ring finger for the sample collection. Do not let your hands touch your clothing or anything else aside from the kit and its contents in order to maintain cleanliness.
4. Wash Hands And Forearms Thoroughly, Then Disinfect Finger With Alcohol Wipe
Be sure to wash underneath nails before proceeding—use paper towels to dry hands and avoid touching anything handled by males (towels, doorknobs, etc.). Let the alcohol dry completely before proceeding.
5. Prick Finger with Lancet – Do Not Get Blood Underneath The Fingernail!
Hold the lancet firmly against the selected area on your finger and press the side lancet trigger. The more firmly it is held on your finger, the more effective it will be.
Inspect the finger for blood droplets. The prick may not be apparent at first. It may be necessary to massage the finger from the base up to the prick site to produce blood droplets. Keep the finger pointed downward, but do not get blood underneath the fingernail – this may result in contamination!
6. Gently Massage Arm, Hand, and Finger to Produce Blood
Hold the finger slightly downward over the circle on the Blood Collection Card. DO NOT touch the circle with your finger or get blood underneath fingernail. As needed, massage the arm from the forearm down to the finger to produce blood droplets to fill each circle. Repeat steps 4 through 6 on another finger if necessary.
7. Collect Blood on the Blood Card – Ensure Blood Soaks Through To Back Card!
When a large and full blood droplet is formed, allow the blood to drop onto the circles (or carefully touch inside the circle with the drop only—not the actual finger). Do not let the blood drip under your fingernail. Do not rub your finger on the card. Continue to apply blood drops onto the unfilled areas of the circles and surrounding area (if possible) until completely covered. Note that a greater blood sample reduces the chance of an inconclusive result. After filling all the circles and the surrounding area completely, clean your finger with the alcohol wipe and apply the adhesive bandage.
If you need to pause in the middle of a collection, place the Blood Collection Card inside its white pouch. Remember to wash your hands well before removing the card again. Keep males (adult or child) away from collection materials at all times.
8. Dry Sample on Blood Collection Card – Ensure Blood Has Soaked Through To Back Of Card!
Allow Blood Collection Card to air-dry undisturbed at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
Keep all males away from the sample during this time. Do not allow Card to be exposed to direct sunlight, temperatures over 50°C (122°F), or extreme humidity while drying.
Once dry, insert the card into the white pouch (smaller white envelope with the desiccant packet). Remove the adhesive strip and seal the white pouch. If a barcode is not at the bottom of your collection card, you DO NOT need to place a barcode there.
We CANNOT accept any sample below the amounts shown in the image to the right.
9. Mail Your Blood Sample (in sealed white pouch with desiccant packet)
Place the sealed white sample pouch (with Blood Collection Card + Desiccant Packet) inside the pre-addressed yellow envelope and return using your preferred shipping courier. If your order included the return shipping service, you may use the return shipping label to send the sample back. Do not leave the sample in your car or other location with extreme temperatures prior to mailing. The sample is non-hazardous and is not considered to be blood after it has dried on the special card, so please describe the goods/product description as “DOCUMENTS” with no commercial value when mailed back.
Note: Samples sent through the regular postal service can take 3-14 business days to arrive at our laboratory. Please send via shipping service with tracking # available to follow up. For faster service, please use a courier (UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc).
Recommended Return Shipping Methods